The Winner's Curse Review

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Publishing: Farrar Straus Giroux 3/4/14
Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Fantasy
Recommendation: A MUST-ish READ!

          I had such a fun time reading this book. The characters, story, and the plot was really cool. So was the society that the people live in. I thought that it was cool that the protagonists both "understand" the two classes, the lower and the upper. I LOVE THEM TOGETHER! OTP! Kinda insta-love. Well, more of a slight attraction.

          This book focuses a lot on war and freedom. It's kinda like a history lesson, but interesting. I like that the characters are all artsy and smart.  Kestrel, the female protagonist, enjoys playing the piano, I'm just like WHY? You just sit there and move your fingers and hands around! Arin, the male protagonist sings, which is something I like to do. I LOVE ARIN! Most characters take a few chapters to figure what's going on. But, Kestrel knows EVERYTHING at a drop of a hat! Me want to be her.

          Overall, I really liked this book. I hope to get the next book as soon as I can and get a physical hardcover copy of the first book.

2 comments:

  1. Love the look and the simple header of your blog! OMG I've wanted to read this book for such a long time now. Thanks for putting my desire into motion :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's the least I can do. Thank you so much for checking out my blog!

      Delete

Let's discuss!