Manga pt.1

There are many things for readers to read [wow, redundant much?] Anyway, lots of people are Anime obsessed in my school/at my age. I love reading, which is why I prefer manga. It's somewhat like a book: black and white, on paper, etc. So, here are some of my favorite manga series!


Naruto fan for life! I practically grew up reading & watching this. WARNING: This whole series takes FOREVER to finish, it's a commitment. Basically, this is about a ninja named Naruto. He's an orphan, you'll learn more about his circumstances later. He aspires to be the next Hokage (Ninja president of sorts), he meets friends, fights evil people. It finished a few months ago.


This manga is called Kaichou wa Maid-Sama, which I think translates to "The President is a Maid." She's not like a maid that cleans your house and stuff. She works at a cafe to pay off the debt her father left to her family. She's your feminist, strong, independent woman. She eventually learns more about herself/becomes a better person with the help of her classmate Usui. 


Ouran High School Host Club revolves around a girl name Haruhi who has to pretend to be a guy to get a full scholarship to an elite school. But, on her first day, she breaks an expensive vase. Since she's poor, she can't pay it with money. To pay her debt, Haruhi  joins the Host Club (A group that consists of rich good-looking guys, that entertains women. Sounds kind of sketchy but it's totally PG/PG-13.) 



I read Love Berrish a while back (2 years ago!) and don't remember much. I remembered that this girl got accepted to the school her parents attended to. But, she gets stuck in the dorm with the "problem kids." 





This is Shugo Chara, you're probably wondering why this girl has pink hair, I don't know either! The story is about Amu, she receives this Charas (Something you aspire to be/who you are/alter ego). Lots of people have Charas and they can transform and stuff. Amu joins with a group of students her age to defeat the evil Charas and look for the elusive Embryo, which can grant a wish.


Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is about girls around the world from all ages trading their souls/freedom for a wish. They will spend a short amount of their life killing witches. Many girls have died during this job. I watched the anime and it killed me. I cried during EVERY episode. It's a really sad anime and hits you in all the feels.


Rockin' Heaven is great too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge manga reader but I read Shugo Chara ( I need to read it completely because it was a friend who lent me) and Hana to Akuma ( my favourite). I remember having read a bit of the second you mentioned. Did you read Fruit Basket ? It's great !!! It was my first manga :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it. I don't know what it's about :p. It has been recommended to me.

      Delete

Let's discuss!