The Virgin Romance Novelist


The Virgin Romance Novelist
 by Meghan Quinn

Read: Kindle version courtesy of NetGalley 
Publishing: Hot-Lanta Publishing on April 2, 2015
          Her bosom heaved at an alarming rate as his rough hand found its way down to her soft, yet wiry briar patch...
          Can you say briar patch in a romance novel? What about meat sword? That’s what it is…a meat sword, right, all meaty and sword like, slaying through the inner dungeons of a woman’s dark desires. What about breasts? Do bosoms really heave?
          God, I have no idea what happens when private parts touch.
          I’m a virgin trying to write a romance novel and can’t seem to write past a sex scene thanks to my lack of experience.
          My two best friends encourage me to drop the pen for a while and gain some real life practice through multiple dating facets such as blind dates, online profiles, and random hookups.
          But losing my virginity is proving to be tougher than expected… 


          I AM NEVER USING BLOCKQUOTES EVER AGAIN! They're such a bitch. You can't press enter for a new line, you get a new blockquote. I have to use a ruler to keep the indents even.
          I really liked this book. It was really funny and refreshing. The main character's struggles are real. I felt bad for laughing at her terrible misfortunes and frustration, but it was just too funny. 
          The support her friends give is kind of scary. Their main goal is for the main character Rosie to get her cherry popped. Rosie lack of experience and knowledge of sex is very entertaining. Her very first sexual encounter is just....

          Researching before you read or do something is very important. I have learned that recently, after receiving books that are the final installments of a series/spin-off/sequel. If you read this book, the bullet thing got me laughing like Delaney after a toe. ;)
          Everybody's support to deflower Rosie scared me. The dates along the way were just. Oh-so-entertaining. They were such a disaster!
          Seriously, she has the worst luck when it comes to dating. How did the author even come up with this!?
          All jokes aside, this book was awesome. I loved how Delaney was so open about her sex life. Nothing crosses the line, like nothing... Henry's intentions were so obvious since the first pages of this book. I felt so bad for him because Rosie was so dense and oblivious. She submerges herself in books so much, that she can't even read real people. I'm being a hypocrite, that totally describes me...
          Although Rosie's quite dense and oblivious, she's very likable. I loved her 60's chic-ness. She's snarky, flirty, and fun. She's very open to new things. She did all sorts of research just for her novel. Her commitment is admirable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!