MUSIC MONDAYS

Music Mondays is a little series I do on my blog that "showcases" musicians, or songs, I've been enjoying lately. I used to do them weekly, but I've decided to do them once a month. I hope this post provides you with new, enjoyable music you like. If you do like posts like these, you can click the MUSIC MONDAYS label here, or below this post, to read previous ones.

One song that's been on repeat is Genghis Khan by Miike Snow, a Swedish indie pop band. I love this song because I find the title amusing and the song cheery. I love the video concept for this song and My Trigger.

Penny Dreadful is one of my favorite shows, and Dorian was one of my favorite characters. I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that he was in a rock band. I know Reeve played Riff Raff in The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, so I wasn't surprised by his musical abilities. I love their songs Love Me Chase Me and Amelie.
I watched The Edge of Seventeen, which I enjoyed and recommend. The Struts, a band I featured before, is also on the soundtrack. My favorite song is Ghost in Wind by Birdy. I love Birdy's voice and the emotion she pours into each song.
YouTube recommended me an "Indian dream pop duo" called Parekh & Singh. Each song on their album Ocean has a relaxing and shimmery quality. I think this album is perfect for a chill Saturday in your cozy sweater. 

I can't get my mind around this next band. The lead singer reminds me of Taylor Momsen, but the male members look like they belong in an indie pop band, no shade. When I clicked on their video, I expected an edgy, alternative rock band. To my surprise, they're a pop band. They currently only have two songs and they toured with The 1975.
Lastly, Banks released a new song. She is my favorite singer. I love her melodies, her moving lyrics, and her artistry. I love almost every song she's released. I know almost every lyric. I find something new every time I listen to her. I like the new song, but it sounds like Weaker Girl. That isn't necessarily a bad thing because I love Weaker Girl, I just expected something newer. I've done a MUSIC MONDAY for her Goddess album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!